The Missouri Field Lead will support development and implementation of multifamily green building and energy efficiency services in Missouri. The selected candidate will effectively project manage local energy efficiency retrofit projects and field work associated with utility contracts and green building consulting engagements in Missouri including conducting energy audits and analysis, reviewing contractor bids, and performing construction oversight for projects during installation.
This is a remote position. The Field Lead will be based in Missouri but will report directly to a Chicago-based supervisor on the New Market Initiatives team and will be expected to work with remote teams based in Chicago, Michigan, and elsewhere.
- Conduct on-site energy audits of multifamily and small commercial facilities, model energy savings, and develop high quality energy assessment reports with recommendations.
- Guide building owners through the energy efficiency upgrade process to develop and implement project plan.
- Work with construction team, contractors, owners, and project partners to vet contractors, coordinate and schedule construction activities, and provide construction oversight, quality assurance and quality control, and post-retrofit monitoring.
- Engage contractors to establish a rapport, build a local contractor base, solicit contractor bids on behalf of owners, and inspect installations for quality control.
- Support green building services for new construction and rehabilitation projects including: design and specification reviews, ASHRAE and HERS energy modeling, construction management, and inspections of installed green and energy efficient measures.
- Communicate regularly with the team of energy auditors, construction managers, and project managers based in Chicago and other new markets.
- Support Chicago-based team on a project basis as required.
- Communicate clearly with contract holder about delivery of utility subcontract.
- Manage multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously through the green building and energy efficiency upgrade process to ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Represent Elevate Energy with clients and with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other Elevate Energy staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in affordable multifamily housing, green building, energy efficiency, building science, engineering, construction, or related field required.
- Professional Engineer (PE), Engineer in Training (EIT), Registered Architect (RA), BPI, CEM, HERS, and/or LEED accreditation and experience certifying projects very desirable.
- Experience conducting energy audits and building inspections required.
- Strong understanding of construction detailing.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and client engagements.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Process and detail-oriented.
- Comfort level engaging a wide range of clients including affordable housing owners and staff, contractors, and utility staff. Excellent writing required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel – and comfort with or willingness to learn online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce and video conferencing tools.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfort level with working remotely from larger team and supervisor.
- Travel extensively throughout Missouri and travel to Chicago at a minimum of once per month.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This is an Exempt position.
Elevate Energy’s mission is to deliver smarter energy use for all. Elevate Energy designs and implements efficiency programs that lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Human Resources – Missouri Field Lead
322 S. Green Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
Write position in the subject line or envelope.
Fax to 888-335-3261
Email to careers@ElevateEnergy.org
No phone calls please.