The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Transportation Research Assistant in Washington, D.C. or Minneapolis, MN.
BGA is a national partnership of America’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations working to turn today’s biggest environmental challenges into our biggest economic and job-creating opportunities. Together with 15 million members and supporters, we are a powerful, unified voice calling for good, family-sustaining jobs, a clean environment and a thriving and fair American economy.
Job Summary: BGA is seeking a Research Assistant in either our Minneapolis, MN office or our Washington, DC office to join our team researching transportation manufacturing and supply chain. We have an immediate need for a detail oriented researcher with familiarity and strong interest in transportation manufacturing. A broader interest in emerging technology in the advanced vehicle and clean energy sectors, and in domestic manufacturing and competitiveness is a plus, but the position will require narrow focus on specific supply chain research in the short term. This position reports to the Research Analyst and works closely with the Senior Policy Advisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on companies that supply parts inputs and materials to the transit supply chain nationwide
- Take initiative to identify new or enhanced sources of data
- Compile, review, and enter data into a database accurately and in a very timely manner
- Fact check and reality check data generated through other channels
- Work collaboratively with BGA staff and contractors to help shape data collection and database design to meet user needs and to address manufacturing policy questions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience or familiarity with manufacturing and supply chain research and data sources
- Familiarity with the transit, rail, automotive and/or automotive components industries
- Self-starting, highly motivated, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and see discrete projects through to completion
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft office
- Database, data mining or data visualization experience a plus
- Statistics or econometrics experience a plus
- Commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance
Additional Information: This position is a full time temporary 3 – 6 month position. Should funding be available, extension of this position may be possible. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references
by October 5, 2015 to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (email@example.com). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Please write “Transportation Research Assistant” in the subject line.
Learn more at BlueGreen Alliance