The Field Organizer – Springfield will work with Elevate Energy’s Community Projects Lead and their Regional Lead Field Organizer to implement community based strategies for educating and engaging individuals on saving both money and energy. This may include providing general awareness of new technologies associated with the “smart grid” as well as helping customers enroll in programs sponsored by Elevate Energy, the utilities, or third parties that will help them reduce their energy bills and environmental impact. The field organizer will be assigned a designated geography and be accountable for achieving a metrics-driven outreach and organizing plan. The position will work closely with Elevate Energy’s communications and outreach team to coordinate messaging across programs and must be well versed in the range of programs and activities of the organization. Tasks may include, but will not be limited to, holding meetings with community leaders to inform them about program offerings, conducting outreach events with community organizations, working directly with individual customers to host meetings in their homes, following up by telephone with customers interested in programs, and carefully tracking the progress of the efforts in electronic database systems.
The Field Organizer – Springfield reports directly to the Regional Field Organizer – Springfield.
• Implement and be held accountable to a metrics-driven outreach plan
• Lead and direct constituent engagement, including outreach to individuals at community events and house parties
• Engage key stake holders including but not limited to local elected officials and community leaders
• Recruit, manage and train local volunteer teams
• Build partnerships with community organizations
• Organize community meetings, events and training sessions
• Develop and implement neighborhood specific messaging with marketing staff
• Follow-up with interested homeowners to encourage their participation in the program
• Data entry and maintaining data integrity
• Other activities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Passion for environmental issues, economic/social justice, and/or energy efficiency
• Willingness and ability to become well versed in residential energy use, including smart grid technologies, dynamic electric pricing, energy efficiency technology, and building science
• Exceptional verbal communication skills – comfort in speaking to large groups, facilitating small group discussions, and excelling at one-on-one interactions
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and political beliefs
• Strong written communication skills – can craft professional letters or e-mail communications
• Strong organizational ability and experience in meeting established goals within tight time frames
• Self-starter, with ability to work independently and remotely, as well as within a team
• Familiarity with standard business computer applications – experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems would be a plus
• Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and collaborating with volunteers – management or supervisory experience would be a plus
• Ability and willingness to motivate individuals to take action regarding their energy usage and engaging in new technology and programs to assist with this – prior experience in sales or organizing is a plus
• Familiarity with community organizing or political campaign organizing strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Montgomery and surrounding counties in Central/Southern Illinois, their communities, community organizations, and leaders would be a plus
• Bi-lingual Spanish desirable
• Familiarity with energy efficiency upgrades or residential construction would be pluses as well
• Access to reliable transportation, a personal computer with internet access, and a cell phone
Elevate Energy’s mission is to deliver smarter energy use for all. Elevate designs and implements efficiency programs that lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is an Exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Human Resources – FOH
1741 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Write position in the subject line or envelope.
Fax to 773-698-6869
Email to careers@ElevateEnergy.org
No phone calls please.