Role Summary: The Sr. Policy Associate engages key stakeholders at the local, state and national levels to develop and implement policy approaches to address and influence policy and political impact on the workforce development system.
Salary Range: $67,000 – 75,000
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct research on local regional state and national best practices pertaining to workforce system related program operations and polices: make recommendations regarding adoption of appropriate policies and practices in Philadelphia.
- Identify systems, agencies and organizations that Philadelphia Works should partner with in order to improve system performance; forge partnerships among these entities to enable the system to better address client needs.
- Research, track and analyze pertinent legislative and administrative policies that impact Philadelphia Works; keep leadership abreast of federal and state policy changes and potential policy changes and advise on responses.
- Identify internal and external operational concerns that can be remedied by policy clarification and/or development; elaborate policies and disseminate policy changes.
- Serve as a link to the advocacy community and partner with appropriate advocates to promote policies and practices beneficial to Philadelphia Works, its subcontractors, clients and employers.
- Prepare policy materials including policy reports, action alerts, talking points, issue briefs, letters, etc.
- Archive information pertinent to the development of policy.
- Act as a liaison representing Philadelphia Works with various public agencies
- Collaborate with the Outreach and Engagement Manager in preparing senior staff who participates in external public policy activities such as speaking engagements.
- Create and direct opportunities for stakeholders to participate in Philadelphia Works public policy activities.
- Network with other Workforce Investment Boards and affiliated organizations interested in common issues.
- Attend local and regional legislative sessions as necessary.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, in political science, public policy or related field from an accredited college or university. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in legislative or public policy analysis.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of federal , state and local policy and the regulatory environment in the State
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to apply knowledge of workforce system and economic development to legislative and public policy analysis
- Excellent organizational, analytical and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively with representatives from the business community, government organizations, stakeholders as well as board of directors, Sr. leadership and management
- Strong attention to details
- Capacity to synthesize information from multiple sources and generate summaries
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good judgment, solid business acumen and strong diplomacy skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
Interested applicants should apply online at www.philaworks.org and click on “About Us” and then “Careers at Philadelphia Works”
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Alternate Formats, Auxiliary Aides and Services are available upon request