The Environmental Law & Policy Center (ELPC) seeks a talented intern to join our Development team part-time (15 hours/week) for Winter/Spring 2020. The candidate will gain valuable work experience in the nonprofit sector. You can expect to learn about nonprofit fundraising, database skills, prospect research, and event planning.
ORGANIZATION: ELPC is the Midwest’s leading public interest environmental legal advocacy organization. We develop and lead successful strategic environmental advocacy campaigns to improve environmental quality and protect our natural heritage. ELPC’s multidisciplinary staff of 45+ talented public interest attorneys, M.B.A. environmental business specialists, policy advocates, and communications specialists, brings a strong and effective combination of skills to solve environmental problems and improve the quality of life in our communities.
- database management
- check processing
- writing and editing donor correspondence
- calling constituents
- researching donor prospects
- assisting with a variety of event planning activities.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofit development work, event planning, and environmental advocacy
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter, who is personable and works well as part of a team
LOCATION: Chicago Office
TIMELINE: Position begins in January when the candidate is available.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please email a cover letter and resume with subject line “ELPC Development Internship – Your FULL NAME” to Mary Frances O’Connor at email@example.com. No calls please.
ELPC is an equal opportunity employer and is continually seeking to diversify our team.