SUMMARY: American Conservation Experience, a Non-Profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management is seeking candidates interested in dedicating at least 11 weeks in support of BLM through the Direct Hire Authority Program.
A Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) internship is perhaps the most effective tool currently available to agencies seeking to expedite the hiring of qualified people in positions that must be filled quickly. It is a competitive and rigorous project based internship. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and ACE EPIC are looking to engage the next generation of conservation stewards. The program will raise awareness of our public lands, their accessibility, and the need for the community’s involvement in their preservation.
START DATE: June 3rd, 2018
END DATE: August 18th, 2018
LOCATION(S): Various locations throughout the United States.
- Intern must be a current student in pursuit of a 4-year degree or recent graduate (within two years of internship end date) in a relevant field**
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to provide such documentation; Driving Record check will be completed during on-boarding process. (Interns must be 21+ to drive agency vehicles);
- Ability to undergo a federal criminal history check
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to function independently and with a team
- High level of professionalism
- Understanding of BLM Multiple Use Policies
**Please note: Direct Hire Authority must be utilized within two years of graduation. I.e. If you graduated May 2018, then you must utilize your DHA before May 2020, even though the internship ends August 2018. If current student, DHA status eligibility begins once you graduate.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following criteria relevant educational and work experience, oral and written communication skills, maturity, professionalism, technical knowledge and expertise, evidence of adaptability and adventurousness, and ability to work effectively with diverse audiences. Final candidates will undergo a background check before beginning their assignment. The intern must be willing to represent ACE and the BLM in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner. Drug users should not consider applying, as ACE reserves the right to require drug testing.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT:
- Well written, professional resume emphasizing your unique skills and experiences,
- Cover letter addressing these questions:
- What position/location are you applying for specifically?
- Graduation Date (Actual or Anticipated)
- Why are you applying for this position specifically?
- What skill sets do you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?
- What are your future career goals and interests?
- An up to date copy of your transcripts (unofficial is acceptable),
- One letter of recommendation from a professional or educational reference (please upload in resume/cover letter section of application).
It is highly recommended that before beginning the application, you review the Tips for Applying.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All BLM DHA applications will close on March 1, 2018
NOTE: Early consideration will be given as applications are received. Positions can close at any time.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact the EPIC Division Director for BLM Programs, Kelly Barrett at 385-272-0472 or firstname.lastname@example.org