The Environmental Law & Policy Center (ELPC) is looking to hire a Digital Advocacy Specialist to be based in our Chicago HQ. This is an extraordinary time in which ELPC’s effective legal and policy advocacy backed by strong public engagement campaigns through social media are essential for protecting our core environmental values. The Digital Advocacy Specialist will join ELPC’s first-rate team of legal and policy advocates working to accelerate solar and wind power; advance climate change solutions; protect clean air, safe drinking water, and communities against toxics contamination; and protect the Midwest’s Wild and Natural Places.
ORGANIZATION: ELPC is the Midwest’s leading public interest environmental legal advocacy and eco-business innovation organization, and among the nation’s leaders. We develop and lead successful strategic environmental advocacy campaigns to improve environmental quality and protect our natural heritage. We are public interest environmental entrepreneurs who engage in creative business deal making with diverse interests to put into practice our belief that environmental progress and economic development can be achieved together. ELPC’s multidisciplinary staff of 40+ talented public interest attorneys, environmental business specialists, policy advocates and communications specialists brings a strong and effective combination of skills to solve environmental problems and improve the quality of life in our communities. ELPC’s offices are in Chicago (HQ), seven other Midwest cities and Washington D.C. For more information, please see www.elpc.org.
- Design and execute digital campaigns to engage, inform, mobilize and grow ELPC’s membership around pressing environmental challenges, renewable energy opportunities and clean transportation progress.
- Expand ELPC’s social media presence and effectiveness (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and increase/optimize traffic to our websites from social media and user channels to deliver cleaner air, water and real climate action.
- Work closely with program, communications, and development staff to write and edit email action alerts, fundraising appeals, eNews, web and social media content to empower and grow our membership.
- Constantly measure your progress in amplifying the organization’s online presence and effectiveness.
- Assess and implement new digital tools to expand our reach.
- Three or more years professional experience in digital advocacy, ideally working on progressive advocacy causes or political campaigns.
- Demonstrated CSS/HTML skills to fix sites when WordPress breaks them.
- Knowledge of digital engagement, email and web copywriting best practices.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including demonstrated ability to produce copy that is clear, compelling and motivating.
- Computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and online tools including WordPress and Google Analytics.
- Well organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and with ELPC’s salary structure that is competitive with other large public interest environmental organizations. Excellent benefits provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and professional references to: DigitalAdvocate@elpc.org. Telephone inquiries are strongly discouraged. The Environmental Law & Policy Center is an equal opportunity employer and is continually seeking to diversify its staff.