Overview: The Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT) works to build more livable and sustainable urban communities. CNT fulfills this mission by delivering game-changing research, data tools and solutions, and onthe-ground demonstrations to address environmental and social challenges and make advocacy successful in neighborhoods across the country. CNT is a 501(c)3 Illinois not-for-profit corporation. Funding is derived from multiple sources of revenue, including various philanthropic sources, government agencies and service contracts with businesses and government agencies.
• Provide strategic and operational leadership to deliver and grow core programs, and potentially explore and develop new programs. Includes developing multi-year goals, annual work plans and budgets, and managing programs and staff to meet goals and budget.
• In collaboration with the Managing Director of Development and other senior staff, lead fund raising efforts for the program. Cultivate new funding opportunities, expand existing funding relationships, seek funding from both philanthropic sources and competitive RFPs. Write reports on the program for funders and deliver to the Managing Director of Development.
• Expand the RainReady Academy, building off the program experience working in other cities thus far. Seek new opportunities and partnerships, refine program and service lines, conduct fundraising and respond to RFPs.
• Expand current programming to identify models of financing green infrastructure including cost sharing, impact investing, and other strategies.
• Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization. Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
• Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement. Report evaluation findings to the CEO and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
• Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization. Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
For full job description, click here.