Overview: EQ Research LLC is a highly specialized consulting firm founded in 2013 to provide policy and market research, analysis and data services to businesses, government entities, nongovernmental organizations and other stakeholders engaged in the clean-energy sector. EQ Research’s subject matter areas of expertise include financial incentives supporting clean energy deployment; electric utility regulation; electric rate design; grid modernization; and the collective suite of policy issues relevant to distributed energy resources (DERs).
Post Description: EQ Research seeks a highly motived, full-time Senior Energy Policy Analyst with at least five years of direct work experience to join our client-focused renewable energy and energy storage policy analysis team. The ideal candidate will have experience researching, analyzing and writing on a wide-range of energy policy, regulatory and market topics of interest to all renewable energy market sectors (distributed, community, utility-scale).
We are looking for a candidate who can:
- Contribute to and/or lead client-specific work by researching, analyzing, reviewing, editing, summarizing and/or drafting comments in regulatory proceedings in direct collaboration with clients and other EQ analysts.
- Provide qualitative and/or quantitative analytic input on regulatory matters, including but not limited to how different rates, policies, and program designs affect the economic viability of DERs.
- Research, track, analyze, and synthesize state legislative and regulatory developments, as well as general rate case proceedings in coordination with other EQ Research analysts.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement improvements to subscription products.
- Work independently and as part of a team to develop research reports, white papers and blog posts.
- Collaborate with EQ Research staff and external partners to develop successful project proposals.
- Deliver presentations at regional and national conferences, and via webinar.
- Be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of our clients.
- Get excited about clean energy policy developments and learning about new issue.
- It is expected that the Sr. Analyst will be able to effectively coordinate efforts and staff on projects for which the Sr. Analyst is responsible.
Location: Cary, NC
For full description, click here.