Senior Policy Analyst
- Employer: Future Energy Enterprises, LLC (www.FutureEnergyEnterprises.com)
- Status: Full-time
- Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Start Date: Negotiable; June preferred
- Location: Chicago, IL
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Annette Beitel and Celia Johnson, Future Energy Enterprises (Annette.Beitel@FutEE.biz; Celia.Johnson@FutEE.biz). Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 1.
Position Description: The Senior Policy Analyst will handle an array of responsibilities to support facilitation of statewide low-income energy efficiency advisory committees (Income Qualified Advisory Committees – one in Northern Illinois and one serving Southern Illinois) in Illinois including meeting planning; communications and outreach to participants; tracking follow-up and action items; and providing background research
and analytic support, when needed. Some travel is required for the purpose of attending large group meetings and individual meetings with committee participants. The position will require reaching out, in person and by phone, to community-based organizations and other leaders who serve economically-challenged communities, Environmental Justice communities and diverse communities. The Senior Policy Analyst may also support other energy consulting work for Future Energy Enterprises.
Qualifications: A minimum of three (3) years professional experience desired. Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in public policy, public administration, urban planning, law or another related field preferred. Seeking candidates with demonstrated interest and/or experience serving low-income, economically challenged and diverse communities. Access to car preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and work effectively in teams.
- Excellent organizational and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people, including professionals at different levels.
- Proficient computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Core Required Job Competencies:
- Committed to Excellence
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Consistent delivery of quality products and services.
- Committed to continuous improvement and to sharing improvements with key stakeholders
- Attention to detail.
- Results Oriented
- “Can do” attitude and bias for action.
- Collaborates within and across teams to get the job done as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Speaks passionately about the organization’s vision and values.
- Creates goals and benchmarks to rally support behind the vision.
- Strategic Thinking and Alignment
- Sees ahead clearly; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately.
- Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and goals.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration across groups.
- Discourages “them” vs. “us” thinking.
- Fosters open dialogue.
- Moves past conflict to create consensus and positive good will.
- Trusts and Respects Others
- Listens to and includes input from teammates and other impacted parties to reach the best solution.
- Invites and appreciates feedback from others.
- Fosters climate of trust and openness between people.