Overview: The Illinois Power Agency is an independent State Agency created in 2007 to develop electricity and renewable resources procurement plans and to conduct procurement events to ensure adequate, reliable, affordable, efficient, and environmentally sustainable electric service for the default supply customers of Illinois electric utilities. The Agency is growing as it expands its operations to include new programs that promote the development of renewable energy resources.
Post Description: The Illinois Power Agency is seeking two Program Managers to staff solar energy incentive programs that the Agency is launching to support the development of new solar generation across Illinois. This includes the Adjustable Block Program for the development of photovoltaic distributed generation and community solar, and the Illinois Solar for All Program to support solar for low-income households and communities. Please see the attached job description for more information on the duties of the position and the qualifications required.
1. Serve as primary liaison between Agency and third-party Program Administrator.
2. Serve as a subject matter expert for the Agency on the applicable program’s guidelines and requirements, and on one or more of the following: photovoltaic project development, renewable energy policy, low-income energy and equity issues.
3. Monitor third-party Program Administrator contract deliverables, program performance, budgets, etc. Recommend adjustments and corrective actions as needed.
4. Take primary responsibility for resolution of issues escalated by the Program Administrator to the Agency for review and consideration. Develop recommendations for resolution of significant escalated issues.
5. Review and recommend approval of program materials, reports, and other information submitted by Approved Vendors as needed.
6. Respond to inquiries from the general public, potential program participants, and other stakeholders regarding the applicable program.
7. Prepare presentations and reports related to Agency programs and renewable energy.
8. Research and monitor the state of the photovoltaic industry in Illinois and nationally.
9. Provide support to the development of updates of the Agency’s Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan.
10. Represent Agency at meetings, workshops, and other events.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Agency Director.
For full job description, click here