Overview: Respiratory Health Association has been a local public health leader since 1906. At that time, tuberculosis was a prominent health threat in our community. As health practices and treatments, medicines, and environmental factors have evolved, so has RHA. Today we address asthma, COPD, lung cancer, tobacco control and air quality with a comprehensive approach. Find our people, see our funders, and review our milestones to learn more.
Post Description: The Respiratory Health Association is seeking a Director of Chronic Disease Programs to direct RHA’s chronic disease programs and projects
- Lead the Chronic Disease Team’s efforts to reduce the burden of chronic lung disease through education, policy change and research.
- Direct Respiratory Health Association’s community-based chronic disease programs, including Fight Asthma Now©, an evidence-based asthma self-management intervention for children living with asthma, and Asthma Management, a training for adult caregivers including school staff and parents.
- Serve as project director for Respiratory Health Association’s Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Initiative, including the annual patient-focused educational event, Living Better Together COPD Conference.
- Oversee Respiratory Health Association’s Research Program including distribution of grant funding to researchers at Chicagoland academic hospitals.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Director of Strategy, Programs and Policy; Director of Health Policy; and, Director of Environmental Health to develop lung health initiatives and Respiratory Health Association’s public health policy agenda.
- A Master’s degree in public health or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience including:
- Program development and evaluation,
- Grantwriting and reporting,
- Budget management and
- Supervisory experience
To apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For a full job description, click here.