Job Title: Director of Development
Overview: Respiratory Health Association (RHA) has been a leader in public health since 1906. Its mission is to prevent lung disease, promote clean air, and help people live better through education, research and policy change. Its award-winning programs have led to improvements in lung health and life quality for thousands of adults and children throughout Chicago and the country. RHA is seeking a Director of Development to develop and implement institution-wide fundraising initiatives, including major gift solicitation; corporate and foundation solicitation; and annual giving programs. This position is an excellent opportunity to join an established nonprofit in a leadership role. Mid-career development professionals looking to make an impact in the areas of public health and the environment, while advancing their own career goals, are strongly encouraged to apply. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Work closely with President & CEO to implement existing strategic plan to strengthen and expand support in areas of individual, corporate and foundation giving.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of 50-100 top individual prospects capable of supporting the Association with gifts ranging from $1,000 to $50,000.
- Oversee all phases of annual direct response campaigns (direct mail appeals, eappeals and individual peer-to-peer fundraising appeals).
- Lead ‘One Home’ five-year capital campaign.
- Identify and oversee applications for public and privately funded grants and sponsorships from local and family foundations; represent the Association to external audiences, including foundations and corporations, among others.
- Lead business development efforts to engage corporate sponsors for patient education and special events.
- Supervise a full-time development associate and work closely with special events, marketing/communications and programs departments, as well as with the CEO and Board of Directors, to engage participants/donors across a broad spectrum of activities supporting the Association.
- Manage department operating budget, including forecasting and allocation of 6 project budgets. Monitor monthly P&L, department KPI’s and ROI metrics.
- Oversee the RHA Associates Board and serve as liaison to Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
For full job description, click here.