The CDO will be both a bold strategic thinker and a hands-on executor. S/he will oversee and manage the development department consisting of four fundraising professionals and will work closely with the organization’s communication staff. The CDO will actively manage a donor portfolio by personally participating in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as well as collaborating with the Executive Director to ensure that he is effectively supported and leveraged to achieve fundraising goals.
S/he will have the passion to develop fluency in the issues and opportunities in public interest environmental advocacy, and the ability to create tailored and compelling strategies for the philanthropic community and individual donors across a range of geographies and demographics.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Cultivating new revenue sources by creatively and strategically expanding the donor base, including: identifying and cultivating high-profile individual donors, securing additional funding from major foundations, and hosting annual events;
- Maintaining and growing a portfolio of individual and institutional donors, actively responding to the rapid expansion of environmental philanthropy;
- Systematically identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new individual and institutional donors capable of making significant contributions to ELPC;
- Supervising and overseeing a high-performing development team that increases ELPC’s revenues, laying a strong foundation for long-term organizational growth;
- Planning and executing events to inform prospective donors of ELPC’s mission, programs, and projects; and
- Contributing as an active member of the senior management team.
For the full job description and to apply for the position, please click here.