Overview: Mortenson Family Foundation builds partnerships to strengthen community-driven approaches that advance equity, opportunity, and sustainable systems.
Over the last two decades, the Foundation has consistently grown in charitable assets and now provides over $3 million in grants annually. The greatest areas of interest for the family’s giving include:
- Protecting, conserving and restoring biodiversity and habitat in Minnesota’s watersheds in order to improve water quality;
- Expanding opportunities for youth and families living in poverty in the Twin Cities by supporting equitable access to academic and social development opportunities and systems; and
- Increasing the standard of living for youth and families living in poverty in developing countries.
The Foundation believes that how the work gets done is as important as what work gets done. The Foundation expresses its values of community, service, family, integrity, responsibility and humility by:
- Growing strong relationships
- Striving for lasting change
- Understanding root causes
- Challenging systemic injustice and inequality
- Learning and reflecting
- Creating and innovating
To learn more about the Foundation, please visit www.mortensonfamily.org
Post Description: The Community Relationship Officer is a new, part-time position that establishes and sustains relationships within the community and the Foundation to ensure that community, organizational partner and Foundation goals of our Sustaining Environmental Systems grant area are met. The goals, beliefs and outcomes that the Foundation is seeking to meet can be found here https://mortensonfamily.org/areas-of-interest/sustaining-environmental-systems/
The position also administers a funding-by invitation grant program. The invited grants program supports nonprofit organizations across all nonprofit sectors.
To Apply: Qualified and interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates submitting information by December 21, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
For full job description, click here .