Coordinate advocacy, field organizing and media communications for Environment Ohio, driving campaigns to restore Ohio’s beautiful rivers, bring more clean energy to Ohio, curb global warming pollution and protect Ohio’s open spaces.
Environment Ohio seeks an experienced organization-builder to coordinate advocacy, field organizing, and media communications for our group. Environment Ohio is a statewide, citizen-based environmental advocacy organization. We stand up to polluting industries, fight for a green future, and do what it takes to win. We believe there’s something special about Ohio—something worth protecting and preserving for future generations. Whether it’s the majestic waterfalls at Hocking Hills State Park, the beauty of the sand dunes along Lake Erie, or our countless parks and forests, Ohio’s natural wonders enrich our lives in countless ways.
The Director would be driving campaigns to bring clean energy to Ohio, to fight global warming pollution, protect Ohio’s beautiful state parks, and save Ohio’s waterways.
Environment Ohio is part of a national federation of environmental groups with offices in 29 states and Washington, D.C.
- Advocacy: Bring problems and solutions to the attention of decision-makers: state legislators, the Governor’s staff, state regulators, local officials and federal representatives. Build relationships with key players in Ohio and in the region.
- Campaign Coordination: Develop and execute plans to win on our environmental campaigns. Assess opportunities for building political support for our agenda through coalition-building, grassroots organizing and media outreach.
- Media Outreach: Serve as a public spokesperson through media events, press releases, op-eds and other visibility tactics with a goal of building name recognition for the organization, educating the public about our issues and demonstrating support for our positions.
- Coalition Building: Cultivate relationships with diverse and powerful allies and expand the constituencies supporting our efforts. This will include building a coalition of key allies and getting them actively involved in our campaigns including attending events and participating in press conferences.
- Fundraising: Write grant proposals, build relationships with foundation staff and meet with large donors, all to bring more resources to campaigns we’re running to protect our environment. Work with our citizen outreach staff to build and develop our membership base.
- Recruitment: Recruit new staff, interns and volunteers to increase our impact and build our power.
Minimum five years of professional experience in grassroots organizing, organization building, and/or campaign politics. Related advanced degrees, such as a J.D. or master’s degree, may count towards experience. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental issues and to citizen-based social change, experience in state-level political advocacy and organizing, a proven ability to recruit, train and develop staff, the ability to raise money, and demonstrated success in building relationships with the full spectrum of environmental and political stakeholders.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Environment Ohio offers a competitive benefits package.
Please apply online at http://jobs.environmentamerica.org/apply.html. Direct your application to Kyle Larson, Hiring Director for The Public Interest Network.
Environment Ohio is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.