The Environmental Law & Policy Center is the Midwest’s leading public interest environmental legal advocacy and eco-business innovation organization, and among the nation’s leaders. We develop and lead successful strategic advocacy campaigns to improve environmental quality and protect our natural resources. We are public interest environmental entrepreneurs who engage in creative business dealmaking with diverse interests to put into practice our belief that environmental progress and economic development can be achieved together. ELPC’s multidisciplinary staff of talented and experienced public interest attorneys, environmental business specialists, public policy advocates and communications specialists brings a strong and effective combination of skills to solve environmental problems.
ELPC’s vision embraces both smart, persuasive advocacy and sustainable development principles to win the most important environmental cases and create positive solutions to protect the environment. ELPC’s teamwork approach uses legal, economic, scientific and public policy analysis, and communications advocacy tools to produce successes. ELPC’s strategic advocacy and business dealmaking involves proposing solutions when we oppose threats to the Midwest environment. We say “yes” to better solutions; we don’t just say “no.”
ELPC was founded in 1993 after a year-long strategic planning process sponsored by seven major foundations. We have achieved a strong track record of successes on both national and regional clean energy development and pollution reduction, transportation and land use reform, and natural resources protection issues. ELPC brings a new form of creative public advocacy effectively linking environmental progress and economic development that improves the quality of life in our Midwest communities.
What ELPC Does to Win and Produce Results
- Hard-hitting, winning legal advocacy on important, precedential environment and natural resources cases on behalf of grassroots partners and ELPC.
- Eco-business dealmaking and partnerships that put into practice our belief that environmental progress and economic development can be achieved together. We help make sustainable development happen.
- Strategic advocacy on important environmental and natural resources issues involving a full toolbox of campaign skills – smart policy development, tactical communications, and organizing.
How ELPC Does This
- We work across the Midwest and Great Plains region, with an office in Washington, D.C. We are a regional group based in Chicago, not the other way around.
- Multidisciplinary teams of skilled public interest attorneys, MBA strategic planners, public policy advocates, and communications specialists working together in powerful combinations.
- Smart focused project strategies, skilled and talented people resources (staff, consultants, board, project partners), and financial support to win.